Monday, November 22, 2010

When Life Gives You the Stomach Flu? Make Chicken Soup

Last Sunday my hubby got the stomach flu or food poisoning from eating a four day old Subway sandwich (yet another reason, tis better to cook.  Suffice it to say last week there was only one recipe I could make to ease my honey's tummy:  My Great Grandmother's Chicken Soup.  Here's my great grandmother's recipe:






(As a side note, a Capon is a castrated rooster...they don't really sell those in grocery stores anymore and my great grandmother used to go into her backyard and get a fresh one...you can go to the local grocery store and ask for a whole chicken cut into about 6-8 pieces).  


Also, some people like to keep different things in the soup.  I like to remove everything and separate it out, that way everyone can decide what they want or don't want in the soup. Its helpful, therefore to cook the carrots and celery and onions in big pieces (easier to fish out). Also, I like to cook some egg noodles and add them to the soup.


The husband is much better now and eating to his full potential just in time for thanksgiving.  Don't worry, many new posts to come regarding this week's festivities!





No comments:

Post a Comment