Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Monday 8/29/11 - Crispy Honey Chicken/Tofu FIngers, Baked Sweet Potatoes

I planned, I shopped, I cooked.  So far, I've been keeping to "the plan".  I went shopping for this week's ingredients (sans what I will get tomorrow at Santa Monica Farmers' Market) and last night I made Crispy Honey Chicken/Tofu Fingers and Roasted Sweet Potatoes threw together a little salad on the side (simply leafy greens, cucumber, celery, crispy onions and Craisins with pre-made dressing).  The chicken fingers recipe is from the chefs at Miraval Resort (they have a slew of their recipes online).  You can also see my post about Miraval here.  Their recipes, like the spa, are focused on healthy and sustainable living so mainly contain healthy ingredients and tend to stay under 400 calories.  The restaurant and chefs at the spa are really quite incredible so I love that they give you the opportunity to recreate the food at home (though it is not nearly as good as when you're on vacation ;) ).  


The Crispy Honey Chicken and Tofu are only about 250 calories and both tasted very light. I made about half the amount of chicken and sliced up the tofu to about the same size as the chicken and baked them both together. Of course I dipped the tofu in the honey/water and cornflakes before I did the chicken as to not spread any raw chicken guck to the tofu.   The recipe was actually perfect for a warm summer day like yesterday.  It could have used a dipping sauce though.   Maybe a mustard of some kind.  I know that Sweet Potatoes tend to be more of a fall food but I thought that they would compliment the chicken well and they did just that.  


I'm an idiot and I didn't have my memory card in when I took pictures of the meal, so, alas, no images. But next time! I promise!  



No comments:

Post a Comment