Monday, August 29, 2011

Meal Planning - Week of 8/29/2011

In an attempt to save money, time and trips to the grocery store I am going to attempt menu planning for the week.  As I attempted to write out my menus yesterday I quickly realized this was going to be no easy task.  The first thing I would need is a chart/planner of some sort to write out my menus and grocery list soooo, I designed one!  And I've decided to design a little meal planning diary, each page will have a space to write in each day's menu, a place for a grocery list and finally a list of all the fruits and veggies in season that month.  Each month is going to be a different color.  I'm also going to design a section for event menu planning.  As soon as its done I'll post pictures but here's the meal planner page prototype:


Once the planner's done, if you want one I'll send it to you!  


So, menu planning...there's a saying, "Man plans, g-d laughs"...I'm sure some situation or another will put a wrench in my plans and change up the whole week but for now we'll see how this goes and if I can save a little dough.  Also my Wed/Thurs/Fri and weekend menu may change depending on the Wednesday Farmer's Market (though I will make an effort to go to the Sunday FM from now on).  


One of these nights I completely intend to make a dessert as well but I have no idea what that will be yet (hey, I'm still getting used to this whole menu planning thing).  


Without further ado, Menu for the Week Of August 29th, 2011


Monday
Crispy Honey Chicken/Tofu Fingers (Miraval Resort and Spa)
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Salad


Tuesday
Citrus Salmon (My MIL's Recipe, will post tomorrow)
Coconut Jasmine Rice
Bok Choy (Cooked with Salmon)
Salad


Wednesday
Gazpacho
Chicken Burgers with Garlic Rosemary Mayo
(Salmon Burger for me)


Thursday
Leftovers 


Friday
Date Night e.g. out on the town


Saturday
(TBD)





No comments:

Post a Comment