Saturday, June 11, 2011

Wellington and Good

I studied abroad in London with a friend who's last name was Wellington.  For his birthday we took him to a pub called the Wellington.  Good times were had by all.  When I make any kind of wellington I am transported back to these fine times and live briefly in what was one of the best years of my life.  


Last night I made Salmon Wellington, I found a wonderful recipe on foodnetwork.com by Dan Smith and Steve McDonagh.  I have made Salmon Wellington before for my family but my husband, who does not like mushrooms, picked it apart, so I set off to find another recipe that was equally tasty but devoid of mushrooms.  This is the perfect recipe.  Instead of a mushroom mixture it calls for leeks and onions.  Quite the successful recipe.  I made a few alterations however.  I did not use the whole 3 pound salmon fillet the recipe calls for but rather 1.5 pounds of salmon.  I think this was a much better fish to filo and onion mixture ratio.  Also, instead of using real whipping cream I used soy whipping cream for the Dijon Whipped Cream accompaniment.  One might be skeptical but it truly was the perfect accoutrement for this recipe.  






Other dishes included another helping of the Orzo from a couple days ago as well as a delicious salad my MIL made, challah and and steamed sugar snap peas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment