Monday, June 20, 2011

Hap-Pie Father's Day

My Papa has wanted the Breville Mini Pie Maker since last Christmahannukwanzika.  But alas, Williams-Sonoma had discontinued it.  Cut to 7 months later and it is back on the shelves so I had to nab one up and Father's Day was the perfect chance to give it to him!!  




Not only did I gift him this nifty contraption but I also prepared the fillings of 4 of his favorite pies (cherry, strawberry, peach and caramel apple) so that we could have a pie party for Father's Day!  I didn't think the strategy out very well, however.  It wasn't in the pie maker giving or in the filling preparing for that matter.  I forgot to take into account that we would be going to Duke's for Father's Day brunch and would already be stuffed to the gills.  As an aside, I have to say that if you are visiting Southern California and you want a fun, seaside, albeit stuffing, experience, the Duke's Sunday brunch buffet is delicious and you sit literally next to the ocean.  We even got to see several dolphins!  


Well, gluttony be damned.  We came home and made the pies!  The pie maker is super fun and if you FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS and maybe pick up the book Mini Pies: Adorable and Delicious Recipes for your Favorite Treats.   I capitalize follow the instructions because alas, my mom is the mischievous kind and tried all sorts of interested strategies that did not turn out well.  That said, the pies were delicious, fun-filled and fun-sized and I can't wait to attempt some savory pies!  


pictures courtesy of williams-sonoma.com

No comments:

Post a Comment