Wednesday, September 7, 2011

So much for my plans...

I could easily cook for the sake of cooking.  But I never like wasting food.  Its a struggle between creativity, fun and function.  So alas, my menu planning this week has gone to crap.  I knew it would happen quickly, just not THIS quickly.  But that's what happens when the MIL prepares fab meals on a Monday night, the left-overs just last and last.  It ALSO doesn't help that my husband office bought them all Double Doubles and Milkshakes from In and Out Burger today.  The hubby put in a direct request for a "light meal" this evening and would like the brisket tomorrow night.  My hands and recipes have been thrown up in the air and the pages are slowly drifting back down to the ground.  So scratch everything I wrote for this week. Here's the NEW plan:


Wednesday (Tonight):


Potato Onion Pierogis (Mrs. T's Frozen, yet delicious)
Chicken Apple Sausage (if it's still any good -- must check expiration date) - for husband
Lemon Dijon Pacific Salmon - (Waterfront Bistro Frozen, also quite good anyway) - for me
Salad 


Thursday


Baked Tofu Wrap with Avocado and Vegan Cheese
Brisket Panini with Caramelized Onions 


Friday


Creamy Asparagus Soup
Zucchini Angel Hair Pancake
Pomegranate Chicken and Tofu (Click on the link to see my previous blog about this recipe -- its tried and true and really good). 
Challah (not baking it this week)







No comments:

Post a Comment