Monday, April 11, 2011

Sweets for my Sweet

My husband and I celebrated 6 months of marriage yesterday (yes, I'm still counting in months, give me a few years). Time really flies when you're having fun.  To celebrate we went to Sweet Lady Jane, a bakery that just opened up the street from us. They specialize in delicious and beautiful cakes but also offer a large assortment of baked goods, pies, along with lunch fare like sandwiches and soup.  While I have historically loved their cake I was not all that impressed with their pie or cupcakes.  I think there are better cupcake shops out there like Yummy Cupcakes for example.  One suggestion I would have for Sweet Lady Jane is to offer some vegan options for us uppity LA folk.  I do have to give the Sweet Lady props for atmosphere.  While the days of the ice-cream shop where one would sip a smoothie through a straw with their sweetheart are long gone, the bakery evokes old fashioned romance.  Many of the customers were just that, young couples, hand in hand looking for a sweet treat.  The ambiance may well be what keeps me coming back (along with their raspberry marzipan cake).  




Pictures of Apple Pie and Baby Cupcake from Sweet Lady Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment